Elements of Change
National Education Association’s (NEA) six- year Priority Schools Campaign (PSC) is grounded in five research-based elements of change.
The NEA Foundation has used these elements to accelerate under-achieving low income and ethnic-racial minority students’ learning. As a result, achievement gaps between these students and higher achieving, more affluent peers have closed.
The NEA Priority Schools Campaign will work with and through NEA state and local affiliates to implement each of the elements concurrently in priority schools around the nation:
- Improve local association and school district capacity and collaboration
- Improve the capacity and expertise of the educators who work in priority schools
- Develop families’ engagement with schools and in their children’s education
- Leverage community “wrap around” services (e.g., health, nutrition, social services)
- Help Improve student achievement.
Click below to learn more about the Elements of Change.